Re: [e4-dev] Sandbox for Eclipse proposal as E4 sub-project

Hi Wim,

I think I have something you are looking for. In e(fx)clipse we've
worked on a basic code-editing framework and took extra care to seperate
ui-specific from ui-agnostic stuff.

Before RedHat started with their generic textmate and LSP support I
created an SWT-Sample for Max Andersen [1] to show that what we have in
e(fx)clipse can be used in SWT as well.

In contrast to (Mickael please correct me) the TextMate and LSP stuff
I've implemented my stuff on pure e4 technologies (I don't even need
core.resources although for the sample) so it is as lightweight as possible.

If I got Carstens idea correct, they don't want to build a real tool,
they want to build a testbed to try out ideas to improve the Eclipse IDE.

Tom

[1]https://github.com/BestSolution-at/code-swt