Re: [e4-dev] Programmatically adding a command to a tool item

@Paul,

> You need to use command.getParameters() to add the matching MCommandParameter definition.
Even if I don’t use a parameter the handler is never invoked.

> I assume you are adding the command and handler to the application, right?
yes, but I was not sure if this is necessary if both command and handler are “local”, meaning only relevant to a dynamically created tool item.

For testing I have put them in comments, but if I un-comment and register them both with the application has no effect.

BTW, the same code block works if I add something to the main tool bar, but in this case I add the tool item to a toolbar within the left trim.

Direct tool items work perfectly but they don’t support parameters, that’s why I wanted to use a command.

Best regards,

Kai