Re: [e4-dev] Naming convention question

In an RCP context, I would say application model makes sense. The term "Workbench" has tooling connotations so doesn't make sense to me when describing a general RCP application. We have been specifically working on a modeled implementation of our Eclipse platform workbench, but that is just one of many possible applications you can build with Eclipse 4. So maybe one way to compare the terms it is that the modeled workbench is one particular example of an Eclipse 4 application model. Maybe I'm just making it even more confusing ;)

John

Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/28/2012 07:22 PM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
Re: [e4-dev] Naming convention question

No opinion? In this case I select option 2.)