[e4-dev] some contributions using org.eclipse.ui.menus no longer work in eclipse 4.2 M4

Hello,

I find there are more menu and toolbar contributions through org.eclipse.ui.menus and org.eclipse.ui.commands extension points do not work in eclipse 4.2 M4 in compared to 4.2 M3, which already have a certain set of contributions through these extension points not working in compared to 3.7.x.

I listed some examples in the email below. Take an example in org.eclipse.debug.ui plugin, the watch command org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.WatchCommand and handler org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.actions.expressions.WatchHandler. When I select a variable in Variables View and bring up its context menu,  I see the watchHanlder is being called on methods like isEnabled, but I do not see the context menu item ‘Watch’ comes up in the context menu. This also happens to the variables view when I use eclipse 4.2 SDK to debug a java project. So I think it is a general issue.

Is it just broken in M4 that will be fixed in M5? Or is it an intent to start cutting the functionality of the compatibility layer for the release of 4.2?

Thanks,

Winnie