Re: [e4-dev] Do We Need a Book?

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 5:34 AM, Tom Schindl <tom.schindl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Am 09.01.12 17:34, schrieb Stefan Mücke:
> Hi Eric and Mike,
>
> I think that before you invest resources into writing a book, you should provide good documentation (by updating and supplementing the existing documentation). Without good documentation, I would think twice before adopting Eclipse 4.

Agreed - getting Eclipse 4 out with max performance and stability is the
most important thing. There are many areas to improve starting from
memory leaks to stuff like closeing of editors.

As Eric mentioned, our primary goal for Juno is to focus on the 4.2 workbench, providing support for plugins written to the standard IWorkbench API to run on 4.2 (stability, functionality, and performance).  We have more plans to improve the Eclipse 4 EAP and the simpler RCP paradigm (modelled workbench, POJOs created using DI, more modular EAP services, etc) but that won't happen until Juno+

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR