[e4-dev] Minimize e4 RCP applicati9on to system tray

Hi

I am trying to port an Eclipse 3.x application to e4. I would like to minimize my new e4 RCP application to tray when the close button is clicked and restore workbench window when tray icon is double clicked.

In Eclipse 3.x i did this within the preWindowShellClose() method in WorkbenchWindowAdvisor class. There i created the tray icon and set the shell invisible.

-    How can i achieve this in e4 to overwrite the default behaivor of the application close button and

-    where is the best place to create the tray icon?

-    Are there some special application life cycle hooks?

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Christoph

Back to the top