[e4-dev] Drop Adapters in Resource Viewers

Hi all,

With the e4 resource improvements effort, changes have been made to the way dropping resources is handled in the navigator view. The user can now choose to automatically create groups and linked resources simply by dragging files in the resource viewer (see a demonstration of this feature at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej-diQ9ClV0).

Unfortunately, since those UI changes required code change in the org.eclipse.ui.ide plugin, and every resource navigator (the Package Explorer, Project Explorer, the CDT CView, etc...) use their own implementation that does not share the org.eclipse.ui.ide NavigatorDropAdapter.

Ideally, those views will be refactored into using all a common component that is full featured and easily maintainable. Since only the org.eclipse.ui.ide plugin is part of the e4 resource plugin, I'm not sure what's the best way to go about that, or how to coordinate such an effort.

Also I have been told that maybe the "Modelled UI" may have some idea on the way to do with this general feature.

Any comments would be appreciated, thanks,

Serge Beauchamp
Software Engineer
Freescale Semiconductor

Back to the top