Re: [e4-dev] Is e4 0.9m1 based on Eclipse 3.5m4 or 3.5m5 ?

Hi Martin,

- M1 was built against 3.5M4.
- Current developement is being built against 3.5M5.

I will clarify the wiki install page. Each download page is correct (the post M1 integration builds say to take M5).

BTW, there is a known problem with XWT M1 working against 3.5M5.  We did however successfully run e4.ui.* M1 against 3.5M5.  Not sure about the other components.

Maybe Paul can comment on the zip repos etc.

Regards,
Kevin

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/27/2009 09:55 AM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[e4-dev] Is e4 0.9m1 based on Eclipse 3.5m4 or 3.5m5 ?

Hi all,

according to the download page,
   http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.9M1-200902061045/index.html
e4 0.9m1 runs on top of Eclipse 3.5m4

But, according to the Install wiki,
   http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Install
users are asked to install on top of Eclipse 3.5m5

so... which one is true? Since we're doing feature patches, I can't believe that both will work...
also, the E4/Install Wiki should be updated, I'd think, to tell people how to consume the
packed p2 repo zips; the difference between the "e4-repo" and "e4.master" downloads is
actually quite confusing at the moment. Also, hyperlinking from the download page to
the install wiki might be a good idea.

Finally, how to use the downloaded packed repos in order to just provision an e4 target platform
even if the main development platform is not using e4 -- I'd think that with the new target
platform provsioning since 3.5m5++ this should be quite easy?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm