[e4-dev] Eclipse e4 and Mozilla Bespin

I just posted on my blog about Bespin, a cool-looking and fast code editor that runs in a browser, and how Simon Kaegi and I were able to replace their Python-based server with one based on headless Eclipse plug-ins in two days:

http://borisoneclipse.blogspot.com/2009/02/eclipse-in-cloud.html

Those of you who have been on the bi-weekly e4 calls already heard us talking about Bespin, and that we had loose email contact with the guys at Mozilla. Mike Milinkovich invited Dion Almaer and Ben Galbraith, who lead Mozilla's developer tools lab, to come to Ottawa for an in-person meeting. It will be interesting to see if we can find ways to collaborate between Mozilla and Eclipse on this.

Is there anybody else who finds this interesting? How can we get you involved?

Boris

Back to the top