Re: [e4-dev] On the subject of naming conventions...

Thanks Oleg, I just posted a comment as to why this is so (and saying the "E" for Ed was indeed one of the proposed options..;-).

Eric

Oleg Besedin/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/11/2009 09:51 AM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
Subject
[e4-dev] On the subject of naming conventions...

I saw this gem and had an irresistible urge to share it:

http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2009/02/10/the-first-e4-milestone/

Jörg Says:

     Did you have a look at the class diagram in http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/drops/S-0.9M1-200902061045/images/application.png ?

     Everything is prefixed with an “M” here, this probably stands for “Merks”? They could have prefixed it with “E” for “Eclipse”, but then that is already use in the “E”core models (where it stands for “Ed”, as we all know :-)