Re: [e4-dev] Reuse Flex components in e4

The implementation of SWT/Flex allows you to call ActionScript API's as if they were Java.  This is done by generating stubs at compile time (so that everything compiles) and at runtime, the Flex classes are "just there" so it works.  I see no reason that you couldn't call arbitrary Flex code if you followed the same pattern, but of course, I haven't tried it.  You may have to manually add the classes to the same package as the generated stubs.

Chris Gross <schtoo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/10/2009 09:51 AM

Please respond to
E4 Project developer mailing list <e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[e4-dev] Reuse Flex components in e4

Hi,

I just saw the e4 new and noteworthy and the intial SWT/Flex stuff looks
impressive.  I was wondering if it is possible to reuse existing Flex
components inside an SWT app thats cross compiling to Actionscript.
Like the ILog stuff:
http://www.ilog.com/products/ilogelixir/demos/

regards,
-Chris