Re: [e4-dev] Declarative UI in E4

Gorkem Ercan schrieb:
> I believe native device UIs are a bit ahead of the desktop UIs nowadays.
>
> On many of the late versions of the mobile UIs CSS or some other form
> of declarative styling is supported natively. So on those platforms
> the only overhead is interpreting the SWT/eSWT properties to native
> properties & declarative language (if different from CSS). Since this
> is also the case with web UIs, I 'd like to see CSS support on widget
> level with an API like Widget.setStyle (String CSSString);

This is how I also envision that this works! As stated before I use this
strategy in UFaceKit for QT and it works fantastic!

The thing that still bothers me a bit for embedded devices is the huge
amount of libraries we need at the level above SWT to parse CSS and
interpret it appropriately and as outlined by Angelo Zerr the problem of
notification about widget changes in SWT is a real problem!

Some ideas to solve the problem with this programmatic notifications:
a) Implement a marker interface listeners are notified in any case

b) Add method addListener(int,Listener,boolean) where the boolean flag
   controls if the listener is called every time no matter if the change
   occurred because of a user interaction of programmatically by calling
   a method?

c) Annotate the Listener with
   @listener(invoke="always"),
   @listener(invoke="user"),
   @listener(invoke="programmatic")

I guess c) is not possible because it's Java5-Syntax and so I'd prefer
b). Steve any idea from you how we could provide reaction to
programmatic widget changes?

Tom

tom schindl                               leiter softwareentwicklung/CSO
eduard-bodem-gasse 8/3    A-6020 innsbruck      phone    ++43 512 935834

Back to the top