Re: [e4-dev] What *are* we doing here??? <g>

Yes, what I wrote was weak in that respect.  Take 2.  <smack/>

Beyond the Enterprise, into the Cloud

Tomorrow's applications will require integration of hand-held devices, desktops, enterprise server applications, and applications that are hosted "in the cloud" and are accessible from anywhere.  E4 makes Eclipse the best platform for delivering integrated applications that scale into all of these environments.  With E4, you can now target tiny devices, all the way up to cloud services like Amazon's EC2, all from a single code base.

Take Eclipse's Architecture to the Next Level

In order to accomplish the above objective, Eclipse will fully adopt technologies--such as Eclipse RAP--that have been in incubation for some time, and evolve its core workbench architecture so that it can fully participate in distributed and web 2.0-enabled applications.

Better?

Regards,

Dave