RE: [e4-dev] Declarative UI - XWT

Please use the new attached one, in which I have put the EPL license.

Regards

Yves YANG

From: e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:e4-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Yves YANG
Sent: Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:46 PM
To: e4-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [e4-dev] Declarative UI - XWT

Hi all,

We have an intensive and long discussion during e4 symposium at ESE about the declarative UI. There are a lot of questions come out. And two solutions debate: SWT 1:1 Mapping and abstract UI model. After this event, I have prepared a PowerPoint to resume my vision (Page 5) and the features I have tested.

As promised two weeks ago, we have developed a POC based on SWT direct mapping. This component (named as XWT) is available via the update manager:

http://www.soyatec.org/update/xwt

After the installation, you can check out the samples and a demo with EMF model via our public SVN server:

http://www.soyatec.org/xwt

The source codes are not yet accessible right now. We need a deep code review and format. Sorry for this inconvenience.

If it is possible, I can make a presentation/demonstration during the coming Declarative UI bi-week meeting.

Getting started

------------

To get started, you should switch to XWT perspective first,

   1. Create a Java project

   2. Create XWT UI component via New->XWT.

An XWT editor is opened automatically. You can drag and drop a graphic element from tool palette to the XWF source editor (not preview region), or you can type ctrl+space to call the code assist.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Best regards

Yves YANG

Soyatec - Eclipse OutSourcing & XAML for java

http://www.soyatec.com

Tel: +33 1 60 13 06 67

Mobile: +33 6 20 74 39 45

Fax: +33 9 58 07 06 67