Re: [e4-dev] [releng] Integration Build: I20081120-1930

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Oberhuber, Martin
<Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   v20081121-1310
>
> where the "time" part is always given as UTC.
>
> The advantage of this is, that if for example committers
> in Canada and Europe release something to the same plugin
> on the same  day, the tags are always sorted in ascending
> order.

That's usually a team preference.  Some of the teams don't use the
time stamp, so they release v20081120 and if they need to re-release
later, it becomes v20081120a

The UI team tags for the build time, not as of our release time, so we
would always tag v20081120-1930 (I didn't yesterday because of the
test nature of that build), and a re-release as v20081120-1930a, etc.
But we also usually identify one team member to release for the
integration build each milestone.

We could certainly write that down on the wiki

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR

Back to the top