[e4-dev] State of the build

We're getting closer to be able to run a build of our e4 repository.
I have an temporary example of what I've generated so far:

http://build.eclipse.org/eclipse/e4/build/eclipse/e4/downloads/drops/4.0.0/I200811181507/

build.eclipse.org is not part of the download infrastructure but does
allow browsing for testing purposes.

Needless to say, only the 3 group zips and the p2 repository links
work, and if you get an "Object not found!" error *don't* contact
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx :-)  Using p2 this will install into a current
3.5 I build (well, mostly, resources will only install in a
pre-I20081111 build, resources needs to take another cut of
org.eclipse.ui.ide from HEAD).

The actual builder for e4 is currently in
e4/releng/org.eclipse.e4.builder and we build Resources, UI (needs
EMF), and SWT (needs a pre-installed Flex SDK) separately.  When I get
to a stable point, I'll produce a tagged build for
http://download.eclipse.org/e4/downloads/ and create an
http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Builds page with instructions and best
practices (commit comments, using the releng tool, the releng project
organization and builder properties files, etc).

Then we'll run tagged I builds once a week.  I'd propose Thursday
night at 19:30 EST so we can consume the eclipse SDK I build, unless I
hear better suggestions.

PW

--
Paul Webster