[dtp-pmc] Development methods, tools, procedures for DTP

I'd like to ask this group for ideas about development methods, tools,
procedures, and so on that DTP might consider adopting. For example:

1. Perhaps we should standardize on a document exchange format or two?
Maybe HTML and PDF? If so, then maybe we should use OpenOffice for these?
2. Should we adopt a UML tool for use in DTP? Any suggestions for open
source tools in this area?
3. Should we create standard use case, requirements, design, etc. documents
to insure consistency across DTP?
4. Are there particular methods or techniques (code reviews, automated
tools) that DTP could use?

And so on. I would really like to leverage the experience of the DTP
community is this regard to insure that DTP can deliver within committed
time-frames and to Eclipse quality standards.

Regards,
John Graham
DTP PMC

Back to the top