|Re: [dtp-dev] Documentation and Complete Installation/Build Instructions for SQL Query Builder|
To the maintainers of the DTP SQL Tools package:There is a confusing set of instructions posted to the Eclipse project website which should be updated and made consistent.
LPG Java runtime
The parser is generated using LPG, which is an open source project in sourceForge.net (http://sourceforge.net/projects/lpg). To run the parser the LPG Java runtime is needed which is not included in DTP. After installing DTP, follow the steps below to add the LPG Java runtime to DTP.
- Point your browser to http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=155963
- Download the package named lpgdistribution. This will save the lpgdistribution-05-16-06.zip file on your machine
- Open the zip file and extract lpgjavaruntime.jar into org.eclipse.datatools.lpg/lpg of your DTP installation.
org.eclipse.datatools.lpg is the placeholder plugin for the lpgjavaruntime and is in the plugin directory where you have installed DTP
Rebuild the org.eclipse.datatools.sqltools.parsers.XXX plugins which were not compiling due to missing lpg runtime.This will enable the SQL Parser to run
1) I cannot find any instructions in the project pages for this package on how to 'rebuild' the package as described in the directions above.
There is nothing about this 'issue' posted on the Marketplace page for this package ---> https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/sql-development-tools Posted byDate Updated: May 6, 2015 - 22:42 Submitted by: Wayne Beaton
2) There is NO mention in the Marketplace page that the 'missing' plug-in has to be downloaded seperately, or the plugin having to be rebuilt, or how to rebuild it.
Back to the top