Re: [dtp-dev] LALR Parser Generator distributing licence

Hi Dimitir,

The Eclipse Intellectual Property policies have approvals for "third party"
(essentially any code not developed within an Eclipse.org project) done per
version. Earlier versions of LPG are approved for use in Eclipse.org
projects, but the one that DTP uses (1.2, if I remember correctly off the
top of my head), has not yet been.

Regards,
John Graham
Eclipse Data Tools Platform PMC Chair
Staff Software Engineer, Sybase, Inc.
http://dataplat.blogspot.com/

             "Dimitrov,
             Dimiter"
             <d.dimitrov@sap.c                                          To
             om>                       "DTP development mailing list"
             Sent by:                  <dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             dtp-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org                dtp-sqldevtools-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [dtp-dev] LALR Parser Generator
             05/28/2007 12:52          distributing licence
             PM

             Please respond to
              DTP development
               mailing list
             <dtp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hello,

I’m wondered why lpg.jar, required by the SQL Query Parser should be
installed separately? I read that this parser generator is distributed
under Eclipse Public License? See:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lpg/
Is there some legal issue, which I have missed?

Best Regards,
dtp-dev mailing list
dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx