Re: [dtp-dev] sql model validation

Hey Hui,

>         Do we have any plan to support sql model validation? e.g. a
> table should at least contain one column and column names can not
> duplicate. The default validator should support extension so that
> vendors can customize the validation algorithm.

Could you provide a use case?  Are there cases where the model is not
populated via a catalog loader where validation would be required? My
assumption is that the catalog loader always populates a valid model (i.e.
for your example, my assumption would be that the DB  wouldn't let you
create a table with no columns and therefore a table with no columns would
never show up in a model instance, unless there was an error during
way).

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Back to the top