[dtp-dev] DTP: Minutes from first PMC/Project Lead Meeting

Attendees
----------------
John
Hung
Sheila
Gary
Linda
Rob

Announcements
------------------------
> Project leads: Please feel free to invite other project or company
members to attend this meeting when useful

> Agenda: Please feel free to send agenda items to John. We will try to
publish an agenda for the meeting by late Fridays or early Mondays

Minutes
-----------
> General M1 build and M2 progress update from John

> Build scripts
      >> Build scripts for each M1 plug-in have been created
      >> Build script for DTP has been created
      >> Would like to check in build scripts in the near future
      >> Action item (John): Write build document and circulate for
commentary

> Would be useful to have a Wiki for DTP
      >> Who can make changes?
      >> Can documents have sections with different change permissions?
      >> Perhaps uid/pw like Eclipse newsgroups to avoid spamming for
public-editable documents
      >> Publishing PDF side-by-side makes it easier to create and read
some Wiki content
      >> BIRT has a Wiki that can serve as an example
      >> Action item (John): Look into creating a Wiki for DTP

> Translation Packs for DTP
      >> IBM is willing to localize DTP for their required languages
      >> Need to be aware of UI feature freeze date to use this service
      >> Need to provide test cases for localization engineers to confirm
changes
      >> Action item (Sheila): Initiate a DTP meeting when the
dates/requirements are established

> Accessibility (Section 508 compliance)
      >> Desired for DTP
      >> Required to sell into US government accounts
      >> Other Eclipse projects do not seem to declare S508 compliance (?)
      >> What is the DTP obligation and strategy for this?
      >> Action item (John): Talk to Bjorn and others to get a sense of how
to proceed

> Check-in process
      >> Connectivity has ideas about a check-in process
      >> Would be good to adopt across DTP
      >> Include Bugzilla entry tagging, resource deltas, and so on
      >> Action item (Rob): Prepare a proposal for this and circulate to
dtp-dev for discussion

Regards,
John Graham
Staff Software Engineer