Re: [dtp-dev] DBDefinition model change request

If you haven't already, I would suggest you open a defect in bugzilla for this so that we don't lose this information and can track these requirements as we move forward.

In Bugzilla, the Product=Data Tools and Component=ModelBase.

Thanks,

Larry Dunnell
Internet address: ledunnel@xxxxxxxxxx

Hui.Cao@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: dtp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/31/2005 03:27 PM

Please respond to
DTP development mailing list

dtp-models-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
dtp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
[dtp-dev] DBDefinition model change request

Hi everybody.
      I'm Hui Cao, a committer of the SQL Dev project. When we investigated on how to integrate the SQL Editor/Debugger framework with the Model Base project, we made some modifications of the dbdefinition model to fit our needs. I bring them up here and hope these modifications can be included in the next version of the dbdefinition model. Here they are:

      1. Add a new class called
"DebuggerDefinition" with an attribute called conditionSupported which is used to specify whether a databse debugger supports condition for breakpoints. This allows us to correctly initialize the breakpoint property page.
<eClassifiers xsi:type="ecore:EClass" name="DebuggerDefinition">

  <eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EAttribute" name="conditionSupported" eType="ecore:EDataType http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore#//EBoolean"/>

</eClassifiers>

      2. Add a new reference to a DebuggerDefinition object in
DatabaseVendorDefinition
  <eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EReference" name="debuggerDefinition" eType="#//DebuggerDefinition"/>

3. Add 2 new attributes in DatabaseVendorDefinition: eventSupported and sqlUdfSupported, referring respecitively to the features that whether a database vendor supports sql event or user defined function. These attributes are necessary for us to create/edit/run/debug these objects.
  <eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EAttribute" name="eventSupported" eType="ecore:EDataType http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore#//EBoolean"/>

  <eStructuralFeatures xsi:type="ecore:EAttribute" name="sqlUdfSupported" eType="ecore:EDataType http://www.eclipse.org/emf/2002/Ecore#//EBoolean"/>

      Along with that, these correspondent APIs should be added in org.eclipse.wst.rdb.internal.core.definition.DatabaseDefinition:

      public DebuggerDefinition getDebuggerDefinition();

      public boolean supportsEvents();

      public boolean supportsSQLUDFs();

      and the following implementation should be in org.eclipse.wst.rdb.internal.core.definition.DatabaseDefinitionImpl :

      public boolean supportsEvents() {

              this.loadDatabaseDefinition();

              return this.databaseVendorDefinition.isEventSupported();

      }

      public boolean supportsSQLUDFs() {

              this.loadDatabaseDefinition();

              return this.databaseVendorDefinition.isSqlUdfSupported();

      }

      public DebuggerDefinition getDebuggerDefinition() {

              this.loadDatabaseDefinition();

              return this.databaseVendorDefinition.getDebuggerDefinition();

      }

Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Best Regards!

Hui Cao