Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] TM 3.3 planning
Martin and others --
Here is our take on the plan. For the most part we are in complete agreement with some minor changes in platform emphasis.
1) Platforms (all with IBM JRE)
IBM will test WinXP 32 bit
IBM will test Win 7 32 and 64 bit client
IBM will test RHEL x86 client.
IBM will test RHEL x86 server.
IBM will not test SUSE platforms
IBM will not test Macintosh platforms
2) Discovery Removal
3) Moving to Tools Project
4) Current "plan" items
Move secure storage for passwords and logging enhancements to "investigate" from "plan". We need to investigate if there is a requirement for migrating passwords.
5) Other work
We'd like to consider keeping the ability to run TM components on Eclipse 3.6 as well as Eclipse 3.7 and 4.1. Given our minimal reliance on external components this may be possible and desirable.
IPv6 support should be explicitly tested. It will require an update to org.apache.commons.net.
Keep an emphasis on backlog reduction.
6) No concerns with the standard ramp-down.
-- David Dykstal, Product Architect - Rational Developer for Power Systems
"Oberhuber, Martin" ---11/16/2010 07:14:26 AM---TM committers,
From: "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/16/2010 07:14 AM
Subject: [dsdp-tm-dev] TM 3.3 planning
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
I've finally taken a stab at creating a first draft of the TM 3.3 project plan:
there's a couple things I'd like to get your opinion on. Please do read the docs below and tell me your opinion. If I do not get comments within a week, I'll proceed with proposals as outlined below:
1. Supported reference platforms. I propose aligning with the Eclipse Platform plan  and only list these, please let me know what Platform(s) you actually work on! IBM'ers please let me know what Platforms you want to list as reference platforms for dstore:
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
direct +43.662.457915.85 fax +43.662.457915.6
2. Remove the Discovery component? Please comment on bug 330337 
- Responsible: Wind River
- Windows XP 32-bit / Sun 6u21
- RHEL5.5 x86_64 / Sun 6u21
- Solaris 10 SPARC 32-bit / Sun 6u21
- Responsible: IBM
- Windows XP 32-bit / IBM 6 SR8
- SLES11 / IBM 6SR8
- Mac OSX 10.6 Universal 32-bit / Apple 10.6 u 2
3. As you know, TM will move into tools. Related work and comments, see bug 330336 
4. Plan items. Beyond removing Discovery, Bugzilla currently lists 3 items with a "plan" keyword . Is any of these really planned? If not, I'd like to remove the "plan" keyword and convert to "investigate".
5. Is any other work planned? - If yes, please add a "plan" keyword on respective bugzilla, and add a "3.3" target milestone.
- Bug 225320 [br][security] Adopt Equinox Secure Storage for RSE Passwords
- Bug 196445 [api] Align RSE Credential Management and Keystores with Platform Equinox
- Bug 212742 [api] Need a Utility to send commands and receive output without prompt
- According to previous project plans, these were also planned... are these still valid? If yes, please file bugzilla's with a "plan" keyword:
- rewriting the Details View for more flexibility
- improved multi-core awareness of RSE
- an improved logging framework.
6. Ramp-down plan as always: http://wiki.eclipse.org/DSDP/TM/3.3_Ramp_down_Plan
dsdp-tm-dev mailing list