[dsdp-tm-dev] Dstore to use privileged ports for serverPortRange

We would like the dstore SERVER to listen on the privileged port.  Since
the daemon runs as root it can already listen on a privileged port.

We started looking again at calling setuid from within the server
process as we determined we can permanently drop privileges but now we
are having issues with calling the .profile and being able to export the
user's environment.  How does RSE send commands to the remote system?
Does it open a shell and manipulate standard input and output of the
shell?  We are working with AIX as the remote system and we are required
to encrypt our data using SSL.

As for the suggestions you made, they sound very interesting and I can
research those as well.  I'm not all that experienced with these
protocols so if you have some more detail you could give, that would be
very appreciated.  I'm not quite sure how an external program would
communicate with the local RSE client along with funneling the data to
the remote server.

Thanks!

Denise Schmidt

Message: 1