From: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Florian Guillochon
Sent: Samstag, 30. Mai 2009 17:23
To: dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [dsdp-tm-dev] RLogin Shell Service

Hi everybody,

I'm currently working on an RLogin shell service, adapting the work done for telnet.
I'm facing a major problem : for security reasons, when a user wants to access a remote system, the "source port" for the rlogin command must be in the range 0-1023. As i'm accessing it through Eclipse, this condition is not respected and the authentification failed miserably ("java.net.BindException: All ports in use or insufficient permssion").
Do I have to modify the Apache Commons Net sources to bypass this restriction (dirty) or is there a another solution ?

Thank you for your attention

Florian

Back to the top