Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] 'Compare with' option for remote files

Hi Vrishali,

You may want to take a look at the RSE code for this in SystemCompareInput in the org.eclipse.rse.files.ui plugin. I'm not sure whether your static view of files extends the existing RemoteFileSubSystem and uses the framework provided for uploading changes from saved editors or whether it's something completely different so I can't comment in any detail.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone: 905-413-3902 , T/L: 969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail: D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

Inactive hide details for vrushali babar <vrush_com@xxxxxxxxx>vrushali babar <vrush_com@xxxxxxxxx>

          vrushali babar <vrush_com@xxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          29/04/2009 06:15 AM

          Please respond to
          Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

dsdp <dsdp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, dsdp-tm <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, pde <pde-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, eclipse-pune <eclipse-pune-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[dsdp-tm-dev] 'Compare with' option for remote files

Hi,

I have extended RSE to provide static view of files at remote server.
Now I'm expected to provide 'Compare with' option on those remote files.
Steps that i follow

1 - Get the full path of both the files amongst which compare will happen
2 - Download those files
3 - Open compare editor on those files showing differences between those files

I'm done with these steps. But stuck with following things

4 - Make left side file editable
5 - save those changes
6 - syntax should be highlighted for the files open in compare editor

I need to implement this on urgent basis and i'm stuck badly.
Any help, suggestion, pointer, etc. will be really of great help.

Thanks in advance,
Vrushali.