[dsdp-tm-dev] Galileo must-dos and Eclipse Platform "internal" API

Hi all,

as per the Galileo Planning Council Meeting on Oct 27 [1], the
Galileo list of must-do requirements [2] was finalized.

For TM, I think we're in pretty good shape. I just added our project's
3.0.1 release to Babel for community translation (that's one of the
new requirements), we've been following most others already (such
as Accessibility, ICU4J, Message Bundles, 4-part-version numbers etc).

I guess the requirement that will hit us most is the request for
not using downstream dependencies' "internal" API. The deadline
is Galileo M6, by then we'll have to justify where we use internal
API and file bugs against downstream components to add API where
we think we need it.

I assume that we won't be able to work on this before January, leaving
only very little time for Eclipse Platform to make any API changes that
we should need. Therefore I wanted to make you aware of that requirement,
we can discuss it in our next committer meeting.

The other requirement that we'll need to invest in, is build process
maturity, I'll continue working on that, most likely leveraging the new
Common Build Infrastructure [3] that has been created as part of the
recent Build Workshop 3 [4].

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Planning_Council/Oct_27_2008
[2] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Galileo_Simultaneous_Release#Requirements_For_Participation
[3] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Common_Build_Infrastructure