From: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tarassov, Eugene
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:24 AM
To: Target Management developer discussions
Subject: RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] TCF Subsystem development

Hi Brian,

TCF/RSE integration plug-in (org.eclipse.tm.tcf.rse) certainly can be improved. As I understand, you want to re-use the code for a new RSE subsystem, but, in fact, the code is not even designed to be reusable - it has no public APIs, all packages are internal.

Making it re-usable is good idea. I think the best way to do it is to create bugzilla entry, preferably with a patch :-)

As for cleanup issues, please, keep in mind that TCF is not part of RSE, it was not designed for exclusive use by RSE, and it is based on different design principals, like event driven vs multithreading. So, some misalignment between TCF and RSE is expected. I don't consider it to be an issue. And TCF/RSE integration plug-in would be the best place for any code that alleviates this misalignment (wrappers, etc).

Eugene