[dsdp-tm-dev] Bi-weekly M-builds scheduled

Hi all,

from now on, the TM M-builds will be run on

   Tuesday at 6:00 am Ottawa time, and
   Thursday at 6:00 am Ottawa time

Committers who want a particular fix integrated in an M-build
need to use the Eclipse Releng Tool themselves to tag their
plugins for the build. The releng tool for Eclipse 3.4 is avialable
from http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4-200806172000/index.php#org.eclipse.releng

Select the plugins to release, then Team > Release your stuff
for it to go into the M-build. Do so before the scheduled build.
Our convention for the qualifier is vYYYYMMDD right now,
but since more than one person can do more than one
releases per day from now on, I'm in favor of chaning this into
vYYYYMMDDHHMM i.e. add hour and minute of the time
the plugins are tagged. Please use UTC time for HHMM, from
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

When tagging stuff, please make sure that the list of tagged
plugins is consistent (i.e. do not tag a version of a file that
contains your fix plus part of another fix without checking
what other plugins that other fix affects).

I will continue reviewing fixes and checking what's being tagged,
but I'm doing so with low priority. I'm woring on improved
build machinery to automatically run unittests after every
build in order to give us more confidence into the created
builds.

Cheers,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top