[dsdp-tm-dev] RE: SSH tunneling & port forwarding

Title: rseserver-2.0-unix.tar
Hi Patrick,

One option is to use the Eclipse Keyring for storing your tunnel credentials.
It's not strong encryption, but the Eclipse CVS connection and RSE also use
it for storing passwords. See RSE class
      PasswordPersistenceManager
as well as associated Eclipse Platform Javadocs for how to use it.

I use it together with Eclipse startup commandline option
      -keyring C:/PDE/prefs/.ring
and use NTFS encryption on the .ring for extra security. For more details, see
http://help.eclipse.org/help33/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/misc/runtime-options.html

The other option, since we are talking about SSH tunnels, is use private
key authentication for the firewall/proxy. You can use the SSH Preferences
as per
   Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections > SSH2
for the SSH Home Directory, public server keys, as well as private keys.
Access to these Preferences is via Eclipse API in the
   org.eclipse.jsch.core
plugin, see TM Terminal SSH Connection for an example how to use it:
   org.eclipse.tm.internal.terminal.ssh.SshConnection#createSession()

Will you be at EclipseCon?

Cheers,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm