RE: [Suspected Spam][Blocked Sender][dsdp-tm-dev] An use case of Target Management

Hello Nivelin,

What you want to do is not easy to achieve with the tools we currently have:

* You want to do checkin/checkout through local Eclipse. It will depend
   on your CM system whether this works through EFS-shared resources
   or not.

* You want to browse with CDT on local Eclipse, so sources must be local

* You need the sources remote in order for make to work.

I'd recommend that you keep the sources on the remote Linux
box, and create a Samba share such that local Windows can
see the sources.
Given that your make system is hand-written to run on Linux
(and not a managed build), you can then edit the CDT make
command to be something like
    ssh remotehost "cd wsdir; make"
disadvantage of this is that you cannot easily build individual
files or directories. You could play with "External Tools"
launches to achieve this; but you'd probably not be able
to jump to the errors that the compiler spits out.

In order to debug, you either need a local cross-debugger on
Windows (unlikely you have that), or you change the CDT
debug command to be something like
   ssh remotehost gdb

there is a CDT bug for remote debugging which should tell
you the steps you need to take.

HTH,
Martin