[dsdp-tm-dev] TM 2.0.1 ramp-down and dates

Hello,

since the TM 2.0.1 release date is fixed with the rest
of Europa, I just put the dates on our main website:

TM 2.0.1: ETA 28-Sep-2007 with Europa SR 1
TM 2.0.2: ETA 29-Feb-2008 with Europa SR 2

I also created a ramp-down plan and a testing page.
Feel free to discuss it here on the mailing list
and request changes:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/TM_2.0_Ramp_down_Plan_for_Europa#Ramp_down_for_E
uropa_SR1_.2828-Sep-2007.29

The main point here is that I'd like 2.0.1 development
to be mostly frozen on August 30 (RC1 created), with
an intensive test pass in the week of Sept 3rd.
Any further fixes need to be reviewed and verified
separately except for adding unit tests.

A whole month of ramp-down seems to be much at first
sight, but note that we'll have our face-to-face late
september and since 2.0.1 is going to be commercially
adopted I'd like that release to be really good.

We currently have a total of 208 bugs assigned to 2.0.1,
with 25 of them already fixed. Changing so much means
that we'll need the extra test phase. Freezing on Aug.
30th also means that we'll need to attack the more
risky things right away, especially given that some of
us will be on vacation in August.

Any thoughts or comments?

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.