[dsdp-tm-dev] RE: RC1 Code Review - Refresh

I dealt with the common delete action error logging but, realized, as you did, that we can't use IRemoteObjectIdentifier.  I believe the original intent of the remote object adapter was to distinguish objects from those that that aren't local RSE constructs like filters, filter pools, subsystems and connections.  If you're not comfortable with the remote adapters, we may need to go with some other means to distinction but let's wait for RC2.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

25/05/2007 02:07 PM

David McKnight/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: RC1 Code Review - Refresh

But then checking for IRemoteObjectIdentifier is not right,
since SystemViewElementAdapter also implements that.

The check needs to be more elaborate.

Or we change API and invent yet another markup interface
for remote stuff.

But I think it's OK to do this for RC2 only.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.