[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: Disvoery works!

Hi Martin,

Can you verify if the ssh services are also advertised in the servers ?

They should be discovered and linked to the ssh plugins if advertised as _ssh._tcp (as documented in http://www.dns-sd.org/ServiceTypes.html).
Also, if you check the "Show all services" checkbox in the discovery wizard, they should be listed even if they are advertised with another name (but you won't be able to instantiate them).

Regards,

Javier Montalvo OrĂºs

Development Tools
Symbian Software Limited.

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

11/05/2007 08:40

<javier.montalvoorus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Disvoery works!

Hi all,

I just wanted to make you aware of the great
progress that Javier Montalvo from Symbian
is making on Autodiscovery of available services
on a network for Target Management:

I just ran the latest from HEAD on our local
network, and without having to enter any magic
addresses (just enable the "multicast checkbox"
in the Discovery wizard) it automatically discovered
sftp-ssh services running on two Redhat Enterprise
Linux 5 boxes attached to our network. See attached
screenshots.

I'm not sure why it didn't also give me the
associated ssh shell service, perhaps that's
just not exported from those machines; but
anyways, for me this is a great indication that
we're moving forward.

Thanks Javier!

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.

********************************************************************** Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6 Boundary Row, Southwark, London, SE1 8HP, UK. This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian nor any of its Affiliates accepts liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy. **********************************************************************

Back to the top