Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Process subsystem

Hi Sheldon,

Do you have a "Processes" subsystem?  A process filter would be under the processes subsystem.   I've attached an image here.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

"Sheldon Dsouza" <sheldond@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

27/04/2007 10:29 AM

Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Process subsystem

Hi David,

        I haven't understood the process filter, where do i select or create this filter for a particular connection.

Regards,

For viewing processes, RSE provides a generic viewer that can be used.   The way to use it is by selecting a process filter, right-clicking and running the "Monitor" action from the context menu.  The monitor view allows you to see the processes in a table.   If you which for the view to get updated automatically, this view has a polling option (admittedly not as nice as a notification from the host but it does provide a simple mechanism for getting updated).

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet:
dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

"Sheldon Dsouza" <sheldond@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by:
dsdp-tm-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

27/04/2007 06:24 AM

Please respond to
Target Management developer discussions <
dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[dsdp-tm-dev] Process subsystem

Hi,

       I was going through the process subsystem sources, i just wanted to know if the process subsytem provides a complete implementation for a remote process viewer, or it just provides a framework where we have to plugin the implementation for getting list of process. I also wanted to know if the view gets updated in real time e.g if a process is killed on remote machine does a notification happen on the client side.

Regards,
Sheldon