Re: [dsdp-tm-dev] Using the terminal in an RCP

Hello Gabe,

Perhaps there is no info because it is so simple?
Download and install TM-terminal*.zip, it should just work in an RCP.
http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/drops/S-2.0M6a-200704111818/

Choose which connectors you want - we have telnet, ssh and serial plugins.
Each of them brings its own little UI to select the remote host. Available through
Window > Show View > Other > Terminal > Terminal
In the Terminal View's view toolbar buttons, press the "Connect Options" button
Delete those plugins that you do not need.
If you do not like our view, you can write your own view and just re-use the
Terminal emulation widget and the connector widgets.

For ssh, if you do not enter a password in the dialog, it will try public key authentication. Authentication options are set through the Preferences > General > Networking > SSH2 Connection. Since Eclipse 3.3M6, there are new plugins for this, which you need in addition to the core RCP plugins -
these plugins are part of eclipse-platform-3.3M6:
com.jcraft.jsch
org.eclipse.jsch.core
org.eclipse.jsch.ui
org.eclipse.core.net
org.eclipse.ui.net

If you prefer using eclipse-3.2.x with RSE-1.0.1, this is also possible but it requires the team/cvs stuff from the Platform to set SSH authentication options. With 3.3M6, this
has been factored out.

If you have more questions or suggestions, just let us know.

Cheers,
Martin

Schnaubelt, Gabe T schrieb:

How can I use the Terminal in an RCP? Specifically, I’d like a user to be able to enter a hostname and create an SSH connection to that host use public key authentication. Then, allow the user to use the terminal to interact with that host over the connection.

If this info is already available somewhere on the web please point me to it. I was unable to find this myself.

Thanks, Gabe