[dsdp-tm-dev] Re: Methods lost in SystemResourceManager during move

User actions code should not be coupled with SystemResourceManager.  We need to get rid of those methods.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

22/03/2007 08:47 AM

David McKnight/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
Methods lost in SystemResourceManager during move

Hi Dave,

I noticed that when moving SystemResourceManager from
rse.ui to rse.core, you also deleted some methods
from it which were required by user actions.

I re-added those methods in order to make user actions
compile again. Please review my changes and modify
as you see fit.

As a general guideline for everyone: Please do NOT
mix up refactorings such as move or rename with
addition or removal of methods. It is very hard
to compare the file in its new location with the
old location in order to restore removed methods.

If stuff needs to be removed in order to make the
refactoring work, either put comments around it;
or, commit a not-compiling file with the old methods
still in it and remove the methods afterwards. Only
so it is easy to restore old methods easily in case
they are needed.

Also, when moving or renaming stuff, please update
the "Contributors" section in the Copyright header
to leave a message where the file was before, e.g.

* Dave McKnight (IBM) - [177155] Move from
rse.ui/systems/org.eclipse.rse.core

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm