RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] create rse connections programmatically.

Hi Wei,

For what you want to do, the current Remote Systems view will not work.  You could write your own view and reuse much of the RSE functionality.  In particular, you could have the label and content provider make use of the SystemView adapters for the RSE model objects which you use.

For a simple example, you could take a look at: SystemScratchpadViewProvider.   This is what the scratchpad view does to display the same sorts of things that the Remote Systems view displays.  In this case, you'd need to provide a new model object for these "connection folders" as well as it's corresponding adapter.

____________________________________
David McKnight
Phone:   905-413-3902 , T/L:  969-3902
Internet: dmcknigh@xxxxxxxxxx
Mail:       D1/YFY/8200/TOR
____________________________________

"Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

21/03/2007 01:21 PM

"Wei Zhang" <zhangwei_2000_2000@xxxxxxxxx>, David McKnight/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
cc
"Target Management developer discussions" <dsdp-tm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: [dsdp-tm-dev] create rse connections programmatically.

Hello Wei,

I'm afraid that what you want to do is not possible
with our official API. It may be possible by deriving
from RSE SystemView, and implementing a custom
SystemViewContentProvider.

I'm copying the dsdp-tm-dev list. Please CC the list
for all such kinds of requests, since there might be
others who know the answer better than any individual.

DaveM, can you help?

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm