[dsdp-tm-dev] TM & Debug Service

Hi All,

         We are integrating RSE as our Target Management Solution.

         We have an “Target Agent” on Simulator and,  also the Target board. This Agent Provides kinds of connective functionalities and debug services for the Host tools.

         Concerning about the Debug service, we decided to introduce the debug service as IDebugServiceSubSystem in RSE.  In the LaunchDelegrate, we use the IHost to find out if the connection has the IDebugServiceSubSystem, and then use IDebugServiceSubSystem.Connect() to perform the connecting operation, after that, we use the  IDebugService.debug()  which provided by the IDebugServiceSubSystem to perform the debugging operation.

         Here are the plugins we extend the RSE:

         Com.***.tm.services.debug :  the service Interface of debug service.

         Com.***.tm.subsystem.debug.core:  the subsystem interface and abstract implement of the debug subsystem.

         Com.***.tm.subsystem.debug.ui:    the default subsystem ui imp

         Simulator

Com.***.tm.connectorservice.simulator: the connector service of the simulator

Com.***.tm.services.simulator :  all the services provided by simulator including processlist, shell,and debug.

Com.***.tm.simulator : extends the systemTypes extension point.

Com.***.tm.subsystem.files.simulator: the file service for simulator

Com.***.tm.subsystem.process.simluator: the process list service for simulator.

Com.***.tm.subsystem.shell.simulator: the shell service for simulator.

Com.***.tm.subsystem.debug.simluator: the debug service for simlulator.

Com.**.debug , Com.***.debug.ui : these plugins provides the implement of the debugger, and called by the “subsystem.debug.core” plugin.

         I am wondering if this is the right way to use RSE? Can anyone point out the faults for us? Thanks!

Hi Martin,  do you have any plan to provide some sample plugins to demonstrate such kind of questions faced by the RSE integrators? I have studied the  remote CDT sample, but it don’t seem to meet our needs , we want to encapsulate “how to launch the debug service though all kinds of connections”, not to explicitly use the shellCommands such as remotecdt sample do.

Thanks Martin and all.

Jingxiong Chen

Back to the top