[dsdp-tm-dev] RSE 1.0.1 testing - daily bulletin

Hello,

the first round of RSE 1.0.1 testing went well yesterday:
 - 37 bugs verified OK
 -  4 bugs reopened, that's 10%
 -  5 new bugs filed

Since no severe issues were found, there is no immediate
need for a re-build. I'm planning to release 1.0.1 based
on the current freezepoint with only very minor modifications
where the fixes are really safe or refer to documentation only.

During verification, some additional comments were made
on the bugs being verified. Please create NEW BUG REPORTS
for the additional issues and set the original one verified.

I'm also a bit worried that only 5 new issues were
found (3 by Lothar Werzinger and 2 by Dave Dykstal).
Perhaps we concentrated too much on verification and
the testing was not thorough enough. If you feel you
didn't really stress test RSE so far, please do so
today - again, the top goal for 1.0.1 is that it has
to be better than 1.0.

Summing up,
 - Top priority is to continue stress testing RSE and file new bugs
 - DaveM please look at reopened bug 165891
 - DaveD please create a new bug and set 159965 verified
 - DaveD please try and get rid of final IBM strings

Other bugs yet to be verified - please pick what you can:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&bug_id=1
48978,153454,161342,161436,162183,164099,164200,164632,161238,162585,164
308,143458

Feel free to resume normal 2.0 bug work in your workspaces
when you feel you've completed your contribution to testing,
but please do not commit such changes until monday (except
adding test cases and test framework, which are not being
released yet).

Martin Oberhuber
Wind River Systems, Inc.
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm