|[dsdp-tm-dev] RSE 1.0M5 sanity testing|
Today's I-Build is available from
*** note: testUpdates is DIFFERENT from .../updates that gets installed automatically!
As agreed, I have done a minimal install on WinXP, Sun java 1.5.0_07,
with eclipse-platform-3.2, cdt-runtime-3.1.1, rse-core and rse-dstore only.
For the servers, I got dstore-linux and dstore-unix.
* On startup (Open RSE Perspective), I see
"unable to load procmessages.xml in RSE Processes UI" twice
* On Solaris, the unix-dstore-daemon cannot connect
* Installed RSE Examples from update site while Solaris was still trying to connect.
After choosing "Restart", Eclipse did not come up again.
* Remotecdt is not available although it seems installed
(Plugin is installed but not active) - Plugin Registry shows a red X
for remotecdt and daytime, when examples are installed from update site
* On my (slow) dstore-linux-rexec connection, I tried "Launch shell" right after
connect, but did not see any output; pressing ENTER in the command field
finally showed output after some time. Also later, I sometimes issued a (gcc
compile) command but did not see any output in the shell
* (known bug) gcc compile command: cannot navigate to error
* (known bug) cannot copy&paste from RSE dstore remote file into CDT Project explorer source folder.
drag&drop failed in the CDT project explorer but worked in the Eclipse Navigator
Apart from that, the build seems to be sane.
Please do the sanity checks that you have signed up to right away, such that
we get a feeling for the things to be done. Let all of us know what you find,
and go ahead fixing the issues you find. I might be doing another I-build
later today if we fixed enough issues.
Dave,Dave,Kushal - can one of you check the first ("procmessages.xml") issue?
I'll be investigating the other issues mentioned
-- Martin Oberhuber Wind River Systems, Inc. Target Management Project Lead, DSDP PMC Member http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm
Back to the top