RE: [dsdp-pmc] dsdp & CDT logos

+1 on a single icon for all projects.  I don't actually care what the logo consists of (phone, IC, beer mug), so long as we are all using it.

-E

-----Original Message-----
From: dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Oberhuber, Martin
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 10:18 AM
To: DSDP PMC list
Subject: RE: [dsdp-pmc] dsdp & CDT logos

Hi Folks,

remember where the dsdp logo is to be used: on the about dialog of any product that uses any dsdp technology. I see it's primary use in drawing people to the Eclipse.org pages for DSDP, and find their way into the projects from there. Since DSDP is related to pulsar, even a single logo for both may make sense.

Having too many different dsdp logos won't help us much I think.
I'm in favor of a single logo for all DSDP, and I'm fine if it's the Eclipse ball overlaid with a mobile phone icon.

The Pulsar logo can of course also utilize a mobile phone icon which may be the same as dsdp but may also be slightly different.

What do Dave/RTSC and Shigeki/NAB think about this? Other than TmL, MTJ and Blinki these are less related to mobile...

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River Target Management Project Lead, DSDP PMC Member http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm