[dsdp-pmc] RE: MTJ API on M6

Title: MTJ API on M6
Hi Gustavo,

I see no Galileo Requirement that M6 must be your API freeze.

Until M6, you must document any internal non-API that you are consuming from other projects:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Galileo_Simultaneous_Release#Requirements_For_Participation

But that doesn't mean that you cannot modify your own API as long as your project sees fit.
Especially if you have no downstream consumers (but beware... some people might be picking up MTJ commercially, which you do not see!).

With RSE, we have been tweaking API until the RC's in the past. I think that especially for an 1.0 release it is important to have the RIGHT API's, and this typically means that you give some time for reviewing them in public.

That being said, you better shoot for an M6 API freeze, you better expose as little API as possible (and keep others internal / provisional for now), but if you are not happy with what you have by M6 then feel free to modify it based on community discussions.

The overall guideline should be the 3rd golden law of Eclipse:
  "A committer may not, through action or inaction, surprise the membership"
That is, communicate with your Communities what you intend to do, then you're relatively free to do the right thing.
http://www.eclipse.org/projects/dev_process/three-laws-of-eclipse.php

Cheers,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm