[dsdp-pmc] Re: What do you think about e4 using Java5 ?

Hi Martin,
Everybody, I have talked to in the mobile industry, seems to agree the
need to get Java 5 features to CDC. I even heard of rumors about a CDC
2.0 spec on JCP however so far that specification did not materialize
(CDC is Sun's JSR). Usually, JSRs do not conclude in JCP for 2 years.
I think it is safe to assume that there will not be a CDC
specification that supports Java 5 features in e4 time. Although
Android had everyone thinking about Java on the mobile, we have not
yet seen wider adoption of the idea yet.However, I think there is NOT
a single guideline for all the components on Eclipse. I do not think
we will try to run and IDE on the mobile phone soon.

I hope this helps.
--
Gorkem