RE: [dsdp-pmc] Please Vote: MTJ Release Review

Hi Christian,

I definitely think you're ready to complete your MTJ
Reboot with this 0.9 release!

+1 from Martin Oberhuber for the Review.

I did notice a couple of things though:

* Title slide references dev.process v2.3.1 of Jan 17,2007
  but current is Rev 2.4 of August 20, 2008 -- are you
  allowed to release by the old process ?

* Slide 5 - why "MTJ Reboot _proposed_ plan"? I think you did
  all that already?

* On your projectplan,
  http://www.eclipse.org/projects/project-plan.php?projectid=dsdp.mtj
  I'm surprised that most bug references are BOTH proposed AND committed
  I believe they should only be one of (proposed, committed)?

* Slide 6 - features - are the "improvements" compared to MTJ 0.7
  or compared to EclipseME ? You did base 0.9 on the EclipseME
  code, no?

* Slide 8 - "JAD Attributed" should be "JAD Attributes" ?

* Slide 11 - End-of-life
  Shouldn't that talk about EOL'ing all the MTJ 0.7 APIs?
  And adding EclipseME / MTJ 0.9 APIs instead?

* Slide 15 - Schedule
  "and the following weeks" should be "in the following weeks" ?

* Slide 16 - Communities
  4000 downloads of *each* N-build? Or in total? This is a very
  high number. The #downloads for one specific milestone would
  likely be more representative.

* Slide 16 - Press release - is there a link to it?

* Slide 17 - yellow color hard to read

* IP Log:
  http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/mtj/ipLog.php
  Are "Gang Ma" and "Gang(Allen) Ma" the same person?

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber, Senior Member of Technical Staff, Wind River
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm