[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [dsdp-pmc] PMC approval needed for committer vote: Rado Gerganov, Felix Burton
- From: "Oberhuber, Martin" <Martin.Oberhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:07:14 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: Acif0cEOgHayU/u1SlyNNeg1ZRigYwAAQ/zQADGmMbAAAHCi0AAATJoA
- Thread-topic: [dsdp-pmc] PMC approval needed for committer vote: Rado Gerganov, Felix Burton
> I think we said we would hold votes open for a week on the
> PMC side and only negative votes from a PMC member would
> force further discussion.
A week is long. It's my experience on the Project votes already,
That it's hard getting everybody to vote in time, so the vote
Takes a week on the project; add another week on the PMC, and
It's two weeks until a new committer gets elected -- two weeks
In which manual mergest might need to take place etc.
So -- Yes I agree it's a good idea to propose "parallel PMC
Approval" to Bjorn and ask for implementing it in the Portal.
And, while this is not yet in place, may I ask all PMC members
To monitor the PMC list regularly and cast their votes early.
A single non-voter causes the entire vote to be held off until
The week is complete, and that's an undesireable event.