[dsdp-pmc] DSDP SearchCVS is live!

Dear DSDP PMC,

over the past month I've been improving the TM Release Engineering
Scripts, and the services available on our vserver dsdp.eclipse.org.

The first result of these efforts is SearchCVS:
   http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/searchcvs.php

This is a SQL database created daily out of the CVS logs. It allows
extremely fast searching for any commits by time or comment. If
you use a common convention for adding bugzilla references to your
commit comments, it can also navigate directly into Bugzilla for you.

This was first started by the Modeling project, and I adopted it now
for us in DSDP. Would you like to have it for your project as well?`
It's very easy:

1.) Let me know (by E-Mail) what CVS modules you want to
     get indexed and I'll set up the cronjob on dsdp.eclipse.org
2.) Add some variables to your /dsdp/<project>/_projectCommon.php
     file -- I can help you with those, or you take the ones from TM
     as example. These variables help associating Bugzilla with
     your CVS modules.
3.) Add the /dsdp/tm/searchcvs.php file to your website, and
     reference it e.g. from your navigation bar (_projectCommon.php
    again).

That's it! For more details about the background, see
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Search_CVS
Fortunatley you won't need to fiddle with MySQL server setup,
and all that stuff because I did it for you already :-)

The SearchCVS database is the basis for more advanced features,
like automatic release notes generation or build news. Watch out for
future enhancements, or see what the modeling team is already doing:
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/mdt/news/relnotes.php

Cheers,
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm

Back to the top