RE: [dsdp-pmc] Committer vote for Danail Nachev has been approved bythe PMC

Sorry, I do approve of the eRCP committer vote, but did not intend to approve the vote on behalf of the whole PMC. I accidentally approved the vote because the portal was very unclear. Perhaps it was because Gorkem had accidentally initiated two committer votes. But it appeared to me that a PMC vote was not yet enabled. The box I pressed Approve on was titled "Committer vote" and listed the eRCP comitters, not PMC members.

I do believe that committer votes should be discussed at the PMC meeting. Approval by just the project lead could be seen as a conflict of interest. Although in this particular case, since tech lead and PMC member roles are held by different people, I didn't think we needed to reverse my accidental approval.

                Mark

"Gaff, Doug" <doug.gaff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/09/2007 10:04 AM

Please respond to
DSDP PMC list <dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"DSDP PMC list" <dsdp-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
RE: [dsdp-pmc] Committer vote for Danail Nachev has been approved        bythe PMC

Hi folks,

This is the second committer vote that we've seen through the portal
now.  Recall that it takes only one PMC vote to approve after the
project's committers have approved.

In the past, we've discussed new committers on the PMC before approving.
Do we want to continue to have these discussions, or just let each
project's lead (on the PMC) approve the new committers?

Please comment.

Doug