|[dsdp-pmc] FW: Eclipse Summit Europe Call forParticipation - Europa Projects|
FYI…for our PMC meeting tomorrow in case you lost your original copy.
ECLIPSE SUMMIT EUROPE 2007
October 9-11, 2007
Stuttgart Region, Germany
The Eclipse Foundation is hosting the 2nd annual Eclipse Summit Europe on October 9-11, 2007. To be held in the Stuttgart region of Germany, the Eclipse Summit is the Foundation’s premier event designed to create opportunities for the European Eclipse community to explore, share, and collaborate on the latest ideas and information about Eclipse and its members.
The conference will consist of one day of symposia followed by two days of technical and business track sessions, selected keynotes, demos, and networking gatherings. Sponsors supporting the Eclipse Summit will showcase their latest products and services, as well as the exciting contributions their organizations are making to the Eclipse ecosystem. The conference is a stimulating and dynamic event for Eclipse committers, contributors, adopters, add-in providers, and service providers to learn, share expertise, and discover new opportunities and solutions in the Eclipse ecosystem.
Eclipse is now calling for participation from Europa project members to submit a talk at Eclipse Summit Europe. The goal of the Europa sessions is to share new features and improvements coming out of the projects' Europa release with the Eclipse community. For larger projects, it may be more effective to focus on an exciting sub-project rather than trying to cover a topic that is too broad. Last year we received very positive audience feedback on the Callisto talks. Based on suggestions received, this year's Europa talks will be used to give attendees insight into the status of various projects and the projects' roadmap for the next simultaneous release in 2008. Where applicable, brief demos are encouraged.
Submit a Talk
* The project vision
* A short update on project status
* An in-depth look at the project roadmap for the 2008 simultaneous release
* A brief demo
* 5 minutes for questions from the audience
* Call for talk proposals opens May 17, 2007
* Talks will be reviewed by the Program Committee as they are submitted
* Call for talk proposals closes June 29, 2007
* Submissions will receive a response from the Program Committee by July 31, 2007
How to Submit a Talk or Demo Proposal
* Prepare a 200 to 300 word (1,000 to 2,000 characters) outline and description of your proposed content in .pdf format, indicating a title
* Email your proposal along with your name, company (if applicable), email address, and phone number to summit@xxxxxxxxxxx