Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
RE: [dsdp-pmc] PMC Meeting Minutes - Thursday 6/22

I folks,


I found an old action item that I forgot to do.


·         Doug:  File a bugzilla to get a committer list – something more than what’s on the dashboard.


I’ve filed a Bug for this.





From: dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dsdp-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Gaff, Doug
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:57 AM
To: DSDP PMC list
Subject: [dsdp-pmc] PMC Meeting Minutes - Thursday 6/22


PMC Meeting Minutes – Thursday 6/22


Action items are in red.



·         Virtual server - Martin O

·         Using xen.  Still to be done by webmaster (after Callisto).

·         Can share among all of our projects.

·         Provide online docs that people can get to without installing the projects

·         Setup online scripts that extract docs from CVS and put them on the virtual server

·         Both eRCP and NAB think they can use.

·         AI: Martin to send out instructions.

·         Code contribution approval

·         See “Process for Code Contributions / Feature Additions” email

·         No comments…everyone is happy with the process


Project Updates

·      DD

o  Update on contributions – WR signoff process is done.

·      eRCP

o  M9 released last week.  This is last release before 1.0.

o  Transition and reviews:  Bjorn says they can have a 1.0 release in the Technology project or DSDP project.  Mark would like do the 1.0 in DSDP to separate the transfer of infrastructure from the release.  Steps:  Move review, transfer of infrastructure, release review.  Schedule the move review in early July.  Doug back from vacation past July 13.

o  AI:  Mark to email Committer list with company affiliation to dsdp-pmc.

o  Doug:  File a bugzilla to get a committer list – something more than what’s on the dashboard.

·      MTJ (Mika not present)

o  Binaries on eclipse – is this resolved?

o  Current release date?

o  Blackberry and Motorola participation update?

·      NAB

o  English user’s manual completed – framework and user documentation.  To be committed.

o  Shigeki: send link to documentation to dsdp-pmc.

o  Almost completed the first milestone release.  Shigeki will use 0.9 as the release number since it’s functionally complete.

o  Doug will now follow up with potential American company participants.

o  Community building.

§  DSDP workshop in Japan – Aug 2.  Will do some recruiting.

§  AI:  everyone send the press scripts to dsdp-pmc to provide current project Status for Shigeki.  Martin will resend his as an example.

·      TM

o  Bug fixing on-going.

o  Symbian is contributing something for auto-discovery of services.

o  Still planning to do a release review later this year.


Technical articles

·      eRCP – working on one for “Eclipse Review Magazine”

·      DD – embedded-intel magazine

·      NAB – recent article based on Doug’s ESC paper – end of July

·      AI:  Everyone to email dsdp-pmc when they talk to the press or publish to help foster communication.


Discussion:  new project dashboard and good project metrics


Aug 3 – next meeting date at same time.


Back to the top